PDA

View Full Version : HP printer won't turn on...

jccetm
09-01-2007, 08:04 AM
My printer's backlight comes on, a black box scrolls 3/4 the way across the LCD window, and then it stalls. The on button (and all the others) won't work. It just sits there with the light on and that box in the window. No green light (or red) by the on button. I have tried unplugging it and waiting 30 seconds, I have tried holding the cancel and OK buttons when plugging it in, to no avail. Any suggestions? Is it fried? Is it cheaper to just buy a new one? Any suggestions are appreciated!!

Manuals
09-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Well duh! My crystal ball is at the shop today and I can't tell what kind of printer you're talking about. Why don't you clue us in.

jccetm
09-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Please don't be so rude. Just ask. I have a HP PSC 1610. Thank you!

redcow
09-06-2007, 01:04 AM
The psc1610 printer doesn't have an LCD window.
By any chance did you mean the flat bed scanner glass?
If so, the box that you are referring to is the scanner lamp.
Is it belt driven? It could be bad gears, motor, obstruction.
Did it ever work?

MichaelTech
09-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Your scanner is trying to calibrate. Try turning on, with the lid up, and as it starts to move, unplug unit. Plug in again, and repeat this as it starts to move. Several times, untill it get at least halfway out. Then re-start again and let it start normally. Cheap unit. Replacement will be another cheap unit, or a better one!

jccetm
09-08-2007, 12:22 AM
I am referring to the window where the words are displayed. I guess I am not sure what else to call it. It is suppose to show the words ready when done booting. It also shows shutting down when I turn it off. However, it just lights up when I plug it in, a black box scrolls about 3/4 across and stops. That's it. None of the buttons I push do anything. Not even the on button works.