PDA

View Full Version : Laserjet 4050 page count no longer functions

robharper
05-25-2004, 03:53 AM
I have just installed a maintenance kit on a LJ4050, but found that the maintenance page count reset did not work afterwards (it did not return to 0) and the page count did not increase when printing test pages.

I reset the maintenance page count manually in service mode, and did a cold reset, but the page count stayed stuck where it was.

Does anyone have any idea of what might be causing this or where I cold look for more info?

Thanks,
Rob

jim
05-26-2004, 09:46 AM
If you performed the procedure correctly and have this problem, then the NVRAM on the formatter is shot. My guess is that the machine still performs it's usual tasks - just doesn't keep count. If this bothers you, you will need to swap out the formatter. If not, "forgettaboutit". Hope this helps, Jim

robharper
05-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Many thanks, Jim. We had pretty much settled on the LifesTooShortToWorry approach. The printer seems to be working OK at the moment other than the page counter, so I think we can make do. Feels better to have a reason for the problem though. :)

Cheers,
Rob

luis
06-04-2004, 04:59 PM
i dont know if you try but to reset the page count you shoud press the item
and value key at the left side while turning on the printer until the message "reset main count"apears on the display

robharper
06-07-2004, 07:00 AM
Luis, thanks for the suggestion. I tried that first (it's the way described in the maint. kit documentation) before looking for other options. Ho hum. :confused: