PDA

View Full Version : Any way out: HP Laserjet 1020 and networking

rjl24
08-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Windows XP Home on two different computers in two different rooms. Both computers have Wireless capability.

Wanted to print via wireless from printers in a third room.

Have Canon MP130 all in one printer and a newly purchased HP LaserJet 1020, which is a host based printer, (now I find out!).

On order: a Netgear WGPS 606.

HP Laserjet 1020 (have version 4 driver which may be good for a HP Laserjet 1022 also) and also purchased though have not yet received Netgear WGPS 606 4 port wireless router and 2 port printer.

I intend to use the Netgear WGPS 606 for print server function.

Now I find the LaserJet 1020 may not, no, 'will not' work with the printer server. Or on any network, that is unless there is a way.

Is there any way to set up my system to use the LaserJet 1020 with my Netgear printer server, possibly using the Laserjet 1022 driver?

That is, since both computers use XP Home and can serve to assist the HP in printing, as the HP requires Windows to print.

Or, is there a configuration I can set up to make printing happen as if from a network?

Again, both computers use XP Home and printing can only be done anyway when one printer is turned on and connected to the computer.

For example, I will load the HP LaserJet 1020/ 1022 driver onto both computers.
(HP LaserJet 1020 and 1022 drivers are contained within the same *.exe file from HP.

If anyone can figure it out, am told you guys are the best!

Thank you in advance,
Robert

ptjeff1
08-23-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't know of a way but here is an article that suggest it may be possible http://www.intel.com/support/netport/sb/cs-015186.htm

Let us know if you find a way. We usually don't work with host based printers since they are not used much by corporate clients.

rjl24
08-23-2007, 10:01 AM
thank you,

article may be of great help

will advise,

robert