PDA

View Full Version : HP 4100TN, New Jetdirect card, still won't print

KevB1955
08-17-2007, 10:21 AM
The original problem was not only wouldn't it print documents, it wouldn't print the EIO page, just the Configuration page. Popped in a new card and now it will print the EIO page but it still won't print documents. This printer is on a network, there is a Canon on there too that prints fine, only the HP is giving me a problem. I tried rebooting the server to reset the network, and I tried a "cold reset", still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks

Manuals
08-17-2007, 11:08 AM
It might help if you mentioned what model Jet Direct card it is. If its the 615N, then you've really got problems as that card is on a product recall from HP.

Paul@justmanuals.com

KevB1955
08-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the reply paul, no, it's not a 615 it is a 610N. All the numbers are the same as the one being replaced. We've had this printer since 2004 and this is the first major problem.

ptjeff1
08-17-2007, 04:40 PM
If the EIO page won't print with the JetDircect card in the printer, then the printer isn't recognizing the card and it is probably bad.
The card that does print an EIO page will need to be set up with an IP and subnet mask, then the driver needs to have a port printing to that IP.

MichaelTech
08-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey now, if you have WebJet Admin, you can upload the firmware for this card. If still a problem, the card is shot.

redcow
08-18-2007, 01:09 AM
When the cable is plugged into the JD is the green lite on?
The green lite on the JD card.

KevB1955
08-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Thank you for the feed back. First, the old card wouldn't print the EIO page, the new one does. Second, I'm not familiar with WEbJet Admin, so I don't think I have it. Finanlly, should I just delete the printer fron "printers & faxes", and re-add it?. Oh, the green light(s) are not on, but I never noticed them "on" on the old card. learning something new every day.

redcow
08-21-2007, 09:16 AM
No light, no host.

Bad cable, bad wall jack, bad jetdirect, patch panel not strapped correctly,

Take the canon and plug it into the cable that you are using for the HP.
Print to it. If it works the JD is bad.

KevB1955
08-23-2007, 10:40 AM
I kept playing with the connections at the router and suddenly I got the printer's port lit, and the little green lights are on at the jet card. I Pinged the printer and it is still not found. I tried to print the EIO page to see if the ip had changed and now it won't print the EIO page any more. What happened?

redcow
08-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Take the Canon, plug it into the cable for the HP.
Print to it.
What happens?

MichaelTech
09-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Well,,,what happens? This is a typical "hard" problem that we will figure out!
Start from scratch. remove the driver for the HP. Download an install from HP site, not the CD. In a DOS box, type "ipconfig" it will tell you the host ip.
During set-up, select that port, and give the printer the same ip.
Another way: on printer, select tcp/ip config method to DHCP. Re-start the printer, and print the config pages. Go to the driver, and make the changes to the "printer" ip. Test.

raz
09-21-2007, 02:44 PM
if your jiggling the cord around the connections and this is happening ,it may well be a bad cord.try it elswhere like redcow suggested or try a different cable.you could try cleaning out the ports on the router ,could be dirty.