PDA

View Full Version : Adding Standard TCP/IP Port Does Not Find JetDirect Card

edeades
08-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I am looking for some insight to an annoying problem we have when adding local standard tcp/ip printer ports to a workstation. We are a HP shop with all HP LaserJet printers with JetDirect cards, mostly the 2400 and 4200 family. Before when adding a standard tcp/ip port and typing in the ip address of the printer and clicking next, it would automatically find the HP JetDirect card in the wizard. Now, everytime after entering the ip address of the printer it waits for a long time and comes back with Generic Network Card. If I manually choose HP JetDirect from the list and continue, printing works fine. It is just an annoyance on the amount of time it takes to not find the HP JetDirect and then after choosing the HP JetDirect until it get to printer driver selection. I hope this makes sense and hopefully someone else has had this annoying problem. I have tried searching Google extensively for this problem and have no luck finding results for what I am looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

MichaelTech
08-07-2007, 09:13 AM
What is your OS? Set the TCP/IP on the printer to Auto IP. Print a config page, and in the driver change the printer ip to that number. The ports should already be there. Adding more is futile.
You should get HP's WebJet Admin to manage all printers in the network.
You can put the IP in a web browser, and manage it there.

Ruslaser
08-07-2007, 03:04 PM
You can download this wizard from hp.com the same as downloading a driver. Just type in Network Printer Wizard instead of a printer name. This program goes out and finds every printer on your network and lets you set up to print to it from that workstation. I hope this helps.

Ruslaser