PDA

View Full Version : HP LaserJet 4500DN

woodss
12-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Hi all,

I have a few questions about this machine, I have purchased one of these machines last october and I would like to know how to install a new transfer belt kit from hp.

I would like to know how to install the fuser, drum kit also along with other comsumables it needs to operate.

Also its lower bin assembly has a broken black gear at the top as well.
I would like to know how to clean the inside as well, duplex unit and toner cartridge area.

This color laserjet 4500dn works well otherwise,

any ideas,

Stuart.

Brian
12-17-2004, 07:18 AM
Replacing the transfer kit shouldn't be a problem, the kit comes with instructions, if you open the ITB drawer you'll see the belt, you can lift it out with the two green handles, the transfer roller is visible at the back of the drawer and can be lifted out, be careful not to touch the foam on the new roller, after replacing the roller and belt you'll have to reset the cunter in the menu, press on the menu button until RESETS MENU appears, press item button until TRANSFET KIT SELECT IF DONE appears, then press select.

Replacing the fuser and drum is easier still, the drum can be lifted out of the drum drawer and simply replaced, the fuser is at the rear of the printer, open the rear cover and release the straps from the door, locate the two blue lathces and rotate them 90 degrees, remove and replace the fuser, be careful with the fuser it can be very hot.

woodss
12-21-2004, 01:01 AM
Thanks Brian for your help and infomation regarding the 4500.