PDA

View Full Version : Laser printer 1160 Temperature

dineshfdo
08-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Please do u known how is the check temperature in the heater unit?
Have any site to get information’s about all heater units’ temperatures?:confused:

MichaelTech
08-02-2007, 03:19 PM
this unit has a solid core element that contaions the thermistor and the thermoswitch. It is wrapped in a sleeve that rotates. You can check the leads on the sides, where the wires clip onto the ends.

dineshfdo
08-03-2007, 10:03 AM
thanks for ur idea,,, but i havent Thermometer, do u have any idea for find a Temperature in the laser printers heater unit?

redcow
08-03-2007, 10:07 AM
No thermometer but you want the temperature....how bout putting your tongue on the sleeve!

Why do you need the temperature anyway?

dineshfdo
08-04-2007, 01:48 PM
I’m trying to use 3rd party heater sleeve, in this printer,

When I fix heater sleeve with silicon Grease it working 2- 3 days after its paper jam in the heater unit,

When I fix heater sleeve with (Grease) Chemplex 710 it working 7-8 days after its paper jam in the heater unit,

Always completely burning that silicon Grease and Chemplex 710, That Chemplex 710 has broad temperature range of -40 to 400°F (-40 to 204°C) , so I think my 1160 printer heater unit gone over heat, that’s why I need to know how much heat this heater unit, if u have any idea that about pls tell me

Many thanks Redcow!

merignac
08-06-2007, 06:32 AM
Hi,
I have repaired a few of these and not had returns, maybe this 1160 of yours is very heavily used. The sleeves I get from Express Terminals in Ripon, North Yorkshire and the lubricant used inside the roller is ' Carbaflo 2372 grade 1 ' , the company marked on my syringe of this stuff seems to be german, 'Fuchs Lubritech'. There have been problems where I've replaced one of these flexible rollers in the fuser in a Laserjet 1200 and it's come back in broken within a week or two but I know I had'nt put enough lubricant inside the sleeve and at both ends (the black plastic guides). Be carefull to clean the outside of the sleeve before re-assembly, you don't want any of this lubricant there. Hope this helps.

dineshfdo
08-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Perfect Merignac,:) Im very glade about you, I thought I cant sort out my problem, my friend, my suppliers and discussions people saying many things but I think you identified what’s my problem I must thanks for u again,

You are right that printer is printing very heavily normally its printing 500 pages per Day, Im always using that Chemplex 710, but I never haven’t like this problem, I was replaced one of HP2430 Heater Cover its printing bar cord labels its printing nearly 1000 pages per day, I used same lubricant but still its working properly, So what do you think about Chemplex 710? Do u think ‘Carbaflo 2372 grade 1’ better than that I told one?

Many thanks Merignac……..

MichaelTech
08-07-2007, 09:24 AM
You may have a bad H/V PCB. It will cause a runaway heater, and fry the fuser.
Redcow, very funny!
Go to PartsNow.com for fuser checks.{sorry Printer Techs}
The lubricant you should be using is Krytox,GPL204, by DuPont.
People buy stuff they dont really need for the job because a salesman tells them so. Not true. Research what the customer is going to do before reccomending a printer. Over-using a unit is the biggest problem in printing, because people are basically lazy, and not very well informed. If you are any kind of tech, knowledge is power, use it and share it!

dineshfdo
08-07-2007, 03:06 PM
I thought like this MichaelTech, But now I don’t think problem with H/V PCB,
because if its going over heat, its thermister (Thermal Sensor) must damage, But I don’t get like this problem, thanks for your idea MichaelTech,

dineshfdo
08-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi merignac
I used Carbaflo 2372 Its Perfect, That 1160 Is working in good condition, Thanks merignac You Save my 130$,:)

merignac
08-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Hi Dinesfhdo,
glad to hear all is well with this laser of yours. Still not sure why HP started using the flexible rollers on their fusers, not as robust as the older steel tubes. I would assume it's a cost thing. Best not to use too much of this Carbaflow cream, a dab on each of the spines aand a little on the black collars at each end. Thanks.

Merignac.