PDA

View Full Version : Toner Not Fusing To Card Stock

Byn
07-26-2007, 05:37 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have a HP Laserjet 1200 laser printer and I'm having trouble getting the toner to fuse to card stock. I have the printer preferences set to card stock but the toner is still a bit "flaky". I read somewhere that the paper can be ironed with a hot household iron to fuse the toner. Is this correct or is there another remedy to this problem? Thanks for your help.

Byn

MichaelTech
07-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Is this a glossy, or very smooth paper? Is the weight in spec?
The fuser may just be going bad.

Manuals
07-26-2007, 03:02 PM
I have never heard of using an iron to fuse toner. However, if you do try something like this, use something between the iron and the card stock, maybe a sheet of tissue paper to prevent the toner from sticking to the iron.
Id' be interested in knowing your results if you try this.

Paul@justmanuals.com

woodss
07-27-2007, 06:43 AM
I dont know about the 1200 but on some of the mid range to the higher end there is a fuser tempurature setting low, med and high.

For manual's infomation, there is a trick for photo paper for inkjets you can iron the back of the photo paper to make the paper warmer and this makes the ink dry quickly this is a trick I been told by a church folk.

You can indeed use a iron to fuse the toner onto the paper, in the early photocopiers they had a oven like thing to do the fusing, however Paul would the toner fuse onto the tissue paper because heat melts toner as you know.

Like Michaeltech said the fuser can simply to be ready to burn out, however you can replace the sleeve of the fuser but its a big job on that model, replacement of a fuser will cost more than the printer is worth.

My advice for you is to check the fusing sleeve to see if its worn.