PDA

View Full Version : Canon i960

alterra
07-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Sorry to make my first post a question , but printers is one thing I don't know much about. I have a Canon i960 that up until 3 days ago worked great. But as of 3 day and going on now it only printing with one ink tank Ceylon. I have try'ed all the maintenance that came with it( head alignment printer head cleaning / and deep cleaning, yada yada). I also bought new ink tanks and replaced some of the old one yet still only Ceylon is printing. in other words if theres no blue on the doc, you get a blank page. Now before I tear it apart and clean all the ink marks that I can find and soak out of it using a solution that I ran across by accident I'd thought I'd try and find someone who might actually know what's going on and how to fix if ( besides a hammer) .

Thanks for any and all help.

redcow
07-02-2007, 09:31 PM
What brand of cartridges are you using?

If they are brand X that's probably the problem.
I've got an i900D. Made the mistake of going cheap and bought 2 of each colour. Had to replace the yellow. No yellow printed. Replaced it with the 2nd spare cheap yellow, no yellow printed. Went to Fry's bought a Canon yellow and as Emiril says BAM...yellow works. Cheap company gave me a refund.

I believe that it's CYAN. Good luck

alterra
07-21-2007, 04:25 AM
Printer head plugged up. . . thank anyways redcow, But I did only use cannon ink, ( didn't trust the others to print the same) the real bummer part is,? While I was cleaning it I hear a nice load crack!!! well at least the a cannon authorized repair place 2.1 miles from me, so know I just need to figure out how much $ to bring, lol