PDA

View Full Version : Hp 4100 4000 4050 Paper Size/Type Reset Intermitently

gregisnothere
06-21-2007, 03:53 PM
We have 6 printers, and we use the Envelope Feeder and Tray 1(Manual tray) heavily. TRAY 2, TRAY3, TRAY4 never have this problem. (probably because they don't prompt for paper size/type)

The Envelope Feeder and Tray 1 have issues with Paper Size, and Paper Type.
The paper size, and paper type reset themselves intermittently. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is there a way to permanently set the paper size and type for these trays?
Is there a way to disable the SIZE/TYPE Prompt when these trays run out of paper, or when paper is inserted? (This seems to cause the problem sometimes but not always)

I've even tried replacing with the HP 4250, which has a SIZE/TYPE PROMPT disable feature. However the trays still reset intermittently just not as often.

I was thinking of making some PJL code to try and reset these, but I didn't have any luck on finding the codes for envelope feeder, and tray 1 and LETTERHEAD.

redcow
06-21-2007, 05:18 PM
How are you setting the 'size' and 'type'?

gregisnothere
06-21-2007, 05:45 PM
How are you setting the 'size' and 'type'?
Through HP Webjet admin, I locked out the control panels so people don't mess with the settings.

MichaelTech
06-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Check the NIC, if an older model, 600n, 610n, move up to the 620n.
System up-grades, and traffic can affect these models, which may be glitching the printer.
The feeder unit will overide settings to it's own default.

gregisnothere
06-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Check the NIC, if an older model, 600n, 610n, move up to the 620n.
System up-grades, and traffic can affect these models, which may be glitching the printer.
The feeder unit will overide settings to it's own default.

This doesn't explain why it happens with the new model as well: HP 4250 (only a few months old)

Strider
06-28-2007, 11:31 AM
When using straight tcp/ip addressing for the printer,any changes by any user changes the settings for all users.Thats why removing their permissions worked.

gregisnothere
06-28-2007, 03:54 PM
When using straight tcp/ip addressing for the printer,any changes by any user changes the settings for all users.Thats why removing their permissions worked.

Removing permissions does not fix my issue. It still resets intermittently no matter what I try.