PDA

View Full Version : r 200 just do anything

ken russell
06-13-2007, 09:12 AM
hi

perhaps someone can help, l printing great yesterday then my printing went hopeless, so l cleaned the heads since then it sits there like a stuffed dummy
my two red lights come on my power button wont stay on , l have reset my buttons , my ink pad is qiute clean , l have epson r200 6 col job.could it be the chips on the carts thats brought this problem on , they are not epson carts , l dont want to get 6 epson carts and it still does not work , is there any way l can check it out

ken russell
06-14-2007, 04:56 AM
hi

perhaps someone can help, l printing great yesterday then my printing went hopeless, so l cleaned the heads since then it sits there like a stuffed dummy
my two red lights come on my power button wont stay on , l have reset my buttons , my ink pad is qiute clean , l have epson r200 6 col job.could it be the chips on the carts thats brought this problem on , they are not epson carts , l dont want to get 6 epson carts and it still does not work , is there any way l can check it out

me again, l have just sorted my problem out ee;lsomeone else had this problem onother forum this is what l had to do and it works perfect
this is what frank m did
I have just sorted out the alternate double flashing red light problem on my R200. Prior to this it had been giving the "Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service life" message but I just ignored it. With the red lights however the printer just stopped working at all. I downloaded the SCC Service Utility (Version 4) and ran the "Reset protection counter" option and answered 'Yes' to question about ink pads. Nothing seemed to happen. Switched printer off & on but red lights were still flashing! Then I switched the printer off, left it for about 20 seconds, held down the two flashing buttons on the printer & then pressed the power switch. Hey presto, everything was working again, no flashing lights & the "Parts inside ..." message has now disappeared.