PDA

View Full Version : HP2550 prints only text line

crabuback
06-06-2007, 06:56 AM
I have a LaserJet 2550 which suddenly will no longer print graphics. Two days ago it was fine. Now when I try to print a photo from Photoshop CS3 I get a line of garbage text on a page, page feed, another line of text, page feed, etc. I believe this has something to do with encoding, as I had the problem when I first purchased the printer two years ago, but have not had the problem since.

I have tried all four of the print encodings (binary, ASCII, JPEC and ASCII*Xxx) offered with the same result. What encoding should I be using and what do I need to do regain my print capability?

The same picture will print on an inkjet.

MichaelTech
06-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Umm,,are you using a postscript driver? Networked? Host based printer.
Could be the NIC if used, try any other app to see if it happens.

crabuback
06-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Other apps printed fine. I ended reinstalling Photoshop to no avail. I then reinstalled the driver from the MacOS X Install disk to no avail. I hen downloaded what was supposed to be a new driver from the HP site with no change. The second time I installed this driver, the problem went away.

The driver was listed as version 5.5.2, but Mac System Profiler lists it as 5.4.012 (same as original).

crabuback
06-07-2007, 06:38 AM
To answer your other questions, it was a host based computer. I'm not sure if it is Postscript or not - it is listed by HP as "Universal Binary Generic LaserJet Print Driver". I'm not sure what a NIC is. Is that the interface chip that talks to the computer?