PDA

View Full Version : Problem printing Palatino font on HP LJ 4000 Series

Morjo
11-26-2004, 11:42 PM
Hi

somebody has raised an issue with me at work, where when they want to print Palatino font in bold italics, it will just come out in italics. And I should note this is happening in Office 2003, I have not yet tested another program.

Now this issue happens on HP LaserJet 4000's and 4050's, but not on all of them. I did a test on about 5 printers and on 4 of them the issue occurred but on one it didn't, which was a 4000.
I have tested the issue out on an 8100 and there was no problem with the bold italics.

I have also tested out some other fonts and they are fine.

Now from what I know the system admin has mentioned that all the printers use the same drivers downloaded from the same driver file off a server, So I don't know if this is driver related, windows related or printer related.

All the computers at work are loaded with Windows XP and are running Office 2003. I have also tested out some other fonts and they are fine.

Any help or tips would be great!

Thanks

ptjeff1
12-01-2004, 06:52 AM
That's a tough one. First try a different application, like notepad or wordpad. Since it works on the one LJ 4000 I don't think it's a formatter flaw. I would set up one of the printers giving you a problem, set it up with a parallel cable to a workstation, then download the latest PCL driver and Postscript (PS) driver from hp.com. Add the printer with each driver and see if you can duplicate the problem.

MikeB
12-02-2004, 01:30 PM
I had a similar issue where the printer actually had an error message that it did not understand the font. Switching from a PCL driver to a PS driver solved the issue.