PDA

View Full Version : LaserJet 5Si - paper jams

flux
11-26-2004, 10:13 AM
I've got a 5Si here that is constantly giving the 13.3 paper jam error. From what I can gather this means the paper was late arriving in the fuser. Heres what I've done to the printer since pulling it out of storage:
- removed a piece of paper that had wrapped itself around the transfer roller - it had been there for about a year
- replaced toner cartridge

Didn't seem to fix the problem. Before I had taken the paper out, I noticed the transfer guide was crudly glued together - looks like it cracked at some point.

Will replacing the entire transfer assembly get this printer back on its feet? Or will it need a new fuser?

TMHtech
11-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Hi Flux...

First a question, was the paper actualy in the fuser when it jamed? Second, the transfer assy. is a good bet to look at. If the "repair" is crude enough it may be slowing the paper down enough to make it arrive late at the fuser so even though it gets there the sensor isnt tripped in time and the jam error is set. As far as the fuser goes inspect it also, they are easy to remove just flip down the two blue latches at the top of the back of the fuser lift up and out. Look at the top roller (heat roller) for damage, also inspect for any corrosion, dirt, worn/broken gears, etc. If you find any of these you should replace the fuser too.

Hope this helps.