PDA

View Full Version : HP 5si - Stuck Tray 2 Paper Tray

PaperJammer
05-24-2007, 10:19 PM
I am working in this place where some user jammed Tray 2 such that it is impossible to remove.

I took out all the paper, (legal size) from this tray to see if that might allow me to remove this tray 2.

No luck. Its well and truly stuck. Any Tips on how to get this, top tray, tray 2 removed?

:confused:

PaperJammer
05-24-2007, 10:23 PM
I am working in this place where some user jammed Tray 2 such that it is impossible to remove.

I took out all the paper, (legal size) from this tray to see if that might allow me to remove this tray 2.

No luck. Its well and truly stuck. Any Tips on how to get this, top tray, tray 2 removed?

:confused:

It actually sticks out about 2 Inches from the side of the printer, but will not budge any more

Thanks and appreciate any advice!

merignac
05-25-2007, 03:14 AM
theres a protruding lug at the back RHS (pull out tray 3 to check it), this is probably caught in it's recepticle. Try putting some downward pressure at this point and pulling. Had one of these trays stuck for a couple of days and accepted that if I pulled too hard, I'd break this lug, bit embarrasing, as someone, I think th cleaner, came in and tried it and pulled it out with no problem. No damage to the lug or recepticle either...

merignac
05-25-2007, 03:16 AM
theres a protruding lug at the back RHS (pull out tray 3 to check it), this is probably caught in it's recepticle. Try putting some downward pressure at this point and pulling. Had one of these trays stuck for a couple of days and accepted that if I pulled too hard, I'd break this lug, bit embarrasing, as someone, I think the cleaner, came in and tried it and pulled it out with no problem. No damage to the lug or recepticle either...

PaperJammer
05-27-2007, 08:03 PM
:) Thanks for the Tip.
I'll try that after the Memorial Day Week end.
Appreciate it

PaperJammer
06-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the Tip.
I had to take the Top and front side covers off.
This helped in loosening the tray after I pushed up the Black Plastic Deal or whatever its called on the right up and out of the way. It did not budge immediately and I had to rock the tray in and out and then the son of a ***** of black plastic deal lifted and the Tray came out.

I obtained a replacement tray 2, but could not push it in as something is blocking it. I called HP Support to find out what this was, and how to rectify, but they do not support this HP LJ 5si anymore.

Again, the only people who can answer this are usually the older experienced techs. I have a guy coming back from vacation on Monday and he may know how to get the new tray in past the blockage.

I turned on the Printer hoping to see the Black deal or whatever is blocking it lift away and allow me to push in Tray 2 but will wait until Monday for the older guy to return.

Basically, the user needs a new Printer, but if they can use it without using Tray 2 and legal documents, this HP5 si might last a bit longer.

Thanks for your support.

ooojaya
06-05-2007, 09:50 AM
you probably need an entire new paper input unit. it's a big part but handles all the paper pick up feeds. I have seen them break or go bad a lot with the same problem you describe.