PDA

View Full Version : HP Photosmart D7160 - HELP with unsupported Media

dimples
05-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi

The maximum paper size that this printer will print on is approx 216mm wide x 596mm long. I need to print on banner paper of 216mm wide x 900mm long. Now "physically" this is possible, I mean the printer happily prints on the first 216x596 of my unsuppported paper & then just feeds the remaining 300mm out, without any problems, other than the fact that the last 300mm is blank.

Does anyone know if there Is anyway of "tricking" the printer into accepting the longer paper i.e. supporting the media so I can print projects the size that I need? HP tried to be helpful, but all they could advise was that it was an unsupported media size for my printer - hellooooo. Is it really? I never would have guessed - sorry, no offence to the staff there who did their best to help. I'm just sooo frustrated with this - surely it's just a matter of reprogramming something, or using a different driver or..... as you can see, I really don't know.

redcow
05-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Most programs will let you print banners by printing out single sheets of paper that you layout on a flat surface and tape together to get on large sheet.

By printing the first half of your document and then print the bottom half, tape the two together.