PDA

View Full Version : How do you print directly to cd with the Canon pixma ip4300?

adamfromwestwood
03-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Hi, i have a pixma ip4300 and bought it for a purpose because on the canon website it said it has the function to print directly onto cd's but i cannot see anywere to place the cd or even in the information that came with it. Can anybody help me i have even asked canon but they didnt reply.
Thanks
adamfromwestwood:)

Manuals
03-20-2007, 10:36 AM
I've just read several reviews and descriptions of this printer and NOWHERE does it say that this printer prints on CD's.

Paul@justmanuals.com

adamfromwestwood
03-20-2007, 10:41 AM
I've just read several reviews and descriptions of this printer and NOWHERE does it say that this printer prints on CD's.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Hi it says on there http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Printers/Bubble_Jet/PIXMA_iP4300/index.asp?specs=1 website "
Available as standard- DVD/CD Printing"

redcow
03-21-2007, 12:38 AM
What's interesting is that they American reviews mention nothing about the dvd/cd direct printing. But, when I read a review from Great Britain It was mentioned.
Why don't you put a DVD in the manual feed tray and see what happens!

merignac
03-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Hi
I have the similar 4200 and was given the Canon software to directly print to DVD disks pushed in at the front. I am UK based. I presume that the 4300 is similar. can this program be downloaded from Canon (perhaps try the .CO.UK. site)? I forget the name of the program but it was on one of the disks that came with my 4200. let me know if you want a copy, someone with a 4300 would be a better bet though.

adamfromwestwood
03-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks, i downloaded the program but it said when i loaded it i didnt have a compatible printer? Even though it clearly states i can print it. Also i have found were to place the cd/dvd tray but my printer, even though brand new, unopened didnt come with one. It is american do you think that has anything to do with it? But it must be able to print because it has the opening on it.
Thanks