PDA

View Full Version : HP Photosmart 7760 prints lime green images

locomouse
03-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Good evening all,

I'll try to keep this as short and to-the-point as possible.

My dad has a HP Photosmart 7760 printer that was purchased along with his HP735 digital camera almost two years ago. The printer was a standalone unit and he transferred the camera images to the printer via the flash card slot. All worked beautifully until about a week ago. Now all of his prints are coming out with a very harsh lime green over the entire printed area.

I thought perhaps the magenta nozzle was clogged so I ran the test print page from the HP control menu and the colors are all represented nicely.

To troubleshoot this, I connected his 7760 to his PC (running XPSP2 Home) via USB. I then printed a photograph that was on his HD with the 7760 using plain printer paper. The colors were perfect and there was no lime green cast. Tried the same photograph using HP glossy paper in the 7760 and it came out all lime green.

He purchased a new flash card for the camera and two new tanks of ink for the 7760. It did not correct the problem.

I can't understand how the 7760 will print correctly on plain paper using an image from the HD but won't do so on proprietary HP glossy print stock.

As a side note... using the flash card to transfer an image directly to the 7760 results in lime green prints on *both* plain paper and HP glossy stock.

I'm at a loss here... and any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Helen