PDA

View Full Version : Laser Jet 4100N

murphy
03-16-2007, 11:16 AM
I have a LJ 4100N that when you turn it on, I see on the display the normal memory check & then two lines of asteriks appear..that's as far as it goes. From past experience with other printers, I think the problem was with one of the plug-in memory chips on the formatter..any ideas, suggestions, or part no.'s...yes, I did try a cold reset.
Thanks
Murphy

Manuals
03-16-2007, 11:25 AM
If the printer has a jet direct card, take that out and try to reboot it. If it works, then the card is at fault. If its an HP 615N card, that card is currently on a product recall, you can call HP and they will replace it free.
If it still doesn't boot after removing the jet direct card, take the formatter out and try to boot. Let us know the results. Take note of any error codes you receive.

HtH
paul@justmanuals.com

murphy
03-22-2007, 09:38 PM
I went back to the account and as you suggested, pulled the network card & re-booted but still had the same problem....ends up with two lines of asteriks and that's as far as it goes. Formatter ? Murphy

Manuals
03-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Well now you have 2 choices here.
1- You could buy the service manual for $10.79 on my site and download it right away.
2- you could go back to the customer's site and pull the formatter and try to reboot and see what happens. You could also do an engine test to see if you can get a test print. You can do all of these tasks without the manual, but you will probably need to make a dozen trips there. If you buy the manual, the most trips you'll have to make is 2 more.

Paul@justmanuals.com

redcow
03-23-2007, 10:13 AM
You could also go to www.feedroller.com and get the manual for free.

MichaelTech
03-23-2007, 05:22 PM
What we have here, is a failure,,,to communicate.
Your firmware is bad. Replace the chip.