PDA

View Full Version : setting up network with HP 8100DN

knabini
03-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Hello, fellas.
I was trying to build a LAN consisting my PC (ethernet), HP printer 8100DN (with ethernet port) and laptop (w/ wireless adapter built-in) thru the Linksys broadbard router. the main reason for this set up is to enable PC and laptop to share the same printer wired-connected and wirelessly, respectively.
I configured the local area network with HP's ip address (took from the configuration print out) - printer doesn't print.
I was trying to set it up as the network printer - no luck. as the local printer with HP' IP as the port - nothing.
then, in all this excitement, I cold resetted (holding Go botton while turning on the printer) HP printer, and now the config print out shows 0.0.0.0 as the ip address.
Looks like i had one problem and created a new one.
the laptop was never configured.
if anybody can help me with an advice, I'd really appreciate, bear in mind - im not an expert (end-user rather) and some terminology is unknown to me.
the PC runs on Win XP pro, HP printer has, I think an ethernet card 600n, and laptop has Win xp Media, I think. Thank you, guys.

redcow
03-16-2007, 12:53 AM
You should be able to go into EIO and manually set the IP, subnet mask and gateway. Or use DHCP and it should pick up an IP.