PDA

View Full Version : Laserjet 5n fuser

KJP
03-07-2007, 10:56 AM
I have an HP Laserjet 5N. When I print on standard paper, the printing looks fine. When I try some specialty sticker paper, the toner does not want to dry. A friend of mine told me to slow down the fuser so the toner can dry properly. Is slowing down the fuser possible on this printer, and if so, how do I do it? If the fuser isn't the problem, what other possibilites are there to look into.
Jason Ayers

Brian
03-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Printing can't be slowed down on the 5N, the fuser temperature can't be altered either.
Do you have stickers that are suitable for laser printers?

redcow
03-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Nothing personal but your friend is an idiot. Listen to Brian, make sure thestickers are for 'laserjet' not 'inkjet' or 'deskjet'.
The toner isn't wet, so it "can't dry". Its a powder that gets melted or fused on the paper by the fuser heat. If the paper isn't made for laserjet printers the toner won't be able to get fused onto the paper and it will wipe rite off as you have discovered.

woodss
03-12-2007, 04:04 AM
You can not slow down the motor, your friend is incompetent person whom should not be listen too.

Use laser sticker paper or use it on a inkjet printer if you have one.

You can do it on the 4000 series of printers making it prores 1200 but other than that you can not slow down the printer.

The printer's speed is fixed to one speed.

I dont use inkjet papers on a laser printer, I have tried using it but the results arent that great.