PDA

View Full Version : HP-8500DN Letter size Issue

Ziggy
11-05-2004, 01:06 PM
My problem is the registration on this 8500 gets progressively worse when printing on letter size paper, and only when printing multiple pages. The first page has perfect registration, page 2 is off about half inch, page 3 is off about 1 inch and now I'm getting 41.3 error "unexpected paper size error", page 4 is off about 1 and half inches now we are in a jam condition. It doesn't matter which drawer or the bypass, it only happens when I print multiple on letter size paper only. If I print 1 letter size doc, everything is fine but if I send 2 or more, either multiple of the same doc or a multi page doc, this will happen. If I print on legal or ledger everything is fine. It will even do this if I use the “continuous configuration page”. So it has something to do with the “sending 2 pages at once” process. I've tweaked the connections, rebuilt the registration assy. done a factory reset and a cold reset. Nothing seems to help. I've replaced all the feed and DFP tires, and checked all of the clutches on the rollers. And if I send a multiple page document on legal or ledger size from any drawer it works fine. I've tried doing a test with letter size from all 4 drawers, so it does this even from the by-pass (Drawer 1). I'm sure the problem has something to do with the timing or printing of sending two (2) letter size pieces of paper at once.

Please if someone has seen this I need some help.

ptjeff1
11-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Does the event log have anything wierd in it? (under the info menu)

copyman
11-08-2004, 05:48 PM
I have a very similer problem as Ziggy with one of my customers LJ 8500dn. after about 3 pages it will cut off up to 1/2 the page and sometimes unexpected paper size error messages. Do not know if this is related but it also gives message "processing job" and will sit for a very long time and not print, I added more memory and this did not help with the processing message. The "processing job" message happens less often then the unexpected paper size errors and cutting off of print. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

copyman
11-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Replaced Registration frame and roller assemblies and this fixed problem. Part #'s, RG5-3007 and RG5-3009.