PDA

View Full Version : Lexmark Z705

Murray G
02-21-2007, 07:26 PM
I have a Lexmark Z705 printer for about 18 months and the printer
has worked well. Recently I have moved house and the printer is now having problems. I have installed the correct drivers, changed ink cartridges and checked the USB port with no effect. On sending a job to the printer the status bar appears but gets stuck on 99% and sometimes less and the print job will not leave the queue unless I reboot the computer. I have enabled bidirectional support also. This problem occurs during every print job
although sometimes the first print will work before getting stuck in the queue. Is this a software or hardware problem?
Any help in rectifying this problem would be greatly appreciated.

ptjeff1
02-24-2007, 12:37 PM
If you have another computer try hooking it up to that, this will help eliminate the printer or your computer as the source of the problem. From what you've said it sounds more like a software or driver issue.

redcow
02-24-2007, 03:58 PM
I think that Jeff has nailed it.

(http://http//support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/knowledgebase.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:387:0:0&emeaframe=&docid=ENUS21570)

Murray G
03-02-2007, 05:37 AM
Hi, I have taken your advice and tried the printer on another computer. It works fine so I guess its a software prob. Where should I go from here? Could it be a virus that has somehow got through? Do you know of any which could have this effect? I have re-installed drivers and checked the USB ports. Thanks in advance.

redcow
03-02-2007, 09:21 AM
How did you check the USB port?

Murray G
03-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi redcow, just checked the ports by plugging in a memory stick to make sure they were working. Also removed the "USB Support for Printers" from device manager and re-installed it.

Murray G
03-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Hi, im still pulling my hair out with this printer. I have now tried disconnecting the printer and uninstalling all nonpresent device drivers in case there was a bad driver hiding somewhere. There were 2 entries for the Lexmark. However when I reinstalled it there was absolutely zero effect. Same problem and only on my PC. Any ideas?