PDA

View Full Version : HP Laserjet 4100 error

oioio
11-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Here is my problem, when my customer prints up her bills every once in awhile she will get a paper jam because of the thicker paper she uses for billing. After the paperjam is cleared properly the problems start, the printer will display "Data Received" and starts printing in large fonts or missing data or sometimes starts the whole print job over. The only thing that has changed in past months is that she was hooked up through parallel port and now she is hooked up through the network through a print server.

Any suggestions where the problem might be would be helpful etc.. printer driver, setting on the printer. She claims she had the paperjams through parallel cable but never had the new problems.

Don Herberts
info@rdr.net

ptjeff1
11-05-2004, 06:45 AM
What happens if you clear the paper jam, turn the power off on the printer, and resend the print job? Do you still get the problem? If so, is the print job still in the queue on the print server? Other things you might check: if you aren't already using HP drivers, try them, they tend to work better than Microsoft drivers in my experience. You might also try a postscript driver.

oioio
11-05-2004, 01:24 PM
The problem still existed after shutting off the printer because it was still printing from the print server que, we had to shut off the parallel print server (Compusa item #312336) to clear the print job. Im thinking the problem is either driver related or something to do with the print server.

Gonna check the print drivers next time I am at the customers place. Almost positive we used the hp drivers.

Thanks for your reply.

Don