PDA

View Full Version : Hp Color 2500n - Jet Direct Ip Config Issues

edward.j.carvalho
11-03-2004, 08:15 AM
Hello - I really need help with this. I currently have an HP 2500N connected via the JetDirect card to my wireless router. This had been working correctly for a long time and now Windows XP is picking up an IP address conflict on the network. I found that the router and the printer are now sharing the same IP address and I cannot get into the printer's web interface to resolve the issue. I have DHCP turned off for the printer so that it could have a static IP address but found that the DHCP server at the router level was still enabled. I have a feeling that the DHCP happened to select the same IP address at the router level, which has now created my current situation.

The bottom line is that I need to COLD RESET the JetDirect card and see about reconfiguring the printer on my Network. I had read that you need to unplug the cable from the card and push down the green on-line button when turning on the printer. I have tried this along with trying the orange button directly above that and the IP address will not reset. Please provide me with detailed instructions on how to do this. Also - does anyone have any additional tips to keep this from happening again? What is the best way to configure the IP on the printer so that it remains static yet does not conflict with my router? Thanks very much.

Ed

ptjeff1
11-05-2004, 06:33 AM
I would download and install HP Web Jetadmin or HP's "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" software (search for it at www.hp.com). This software will search your network for the jetdirect card and allow you to configure it. This is especially helpful with printers that don't have a display panel that allows you to configure the jetdirect directly at the printer.