PDA

View Full Version : Canon MP810 LCD doesn't light up

K.C.
01-27-2007, 07:59 AM
This is my first post. I joined this list because of trouble with my new printer. My 3-in-1 inkjet has an LCD that's supposed to show me options then the machine is on. Sometimes, after making a photocopy, the LCD "turns off" as well as the power indicator. I thought it was in sleep mode, but even after printing from my PC, it doesn't light up. Is this a mechanical problem? Should I exchange it? The manual and troubleshooting guides as well as Canon's website say nothing about my problem.

Thanks in advance!
KC

redcow
01-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Is it still covered by warranty?
It's not working correctly.

If you can exchange it, do it.

You don't need to belong to a forum to do that.

K.C.
01-31-2007, 05:38 AM
My other half figured it out for me...by accident. I'd been closing the cover of the machine carefully. I didn't want to break the glass....After my delicate sweetie used the scanner and afterwards let the cover slam shut - the lights suddenly lit up! There's a button inside the machine that gets pushed when you close the lid (which activates the LCD and other buttons that light up), but apparently it has to be done firmly. I wasn't hard enough on it.

That's the kind of advice I had hoped someone on this list would've known to give me. Well...maybe you can next time another newbie writes with the same problem. :)