PDA

View Full Version : Oki B4350 won't print document from Windows

gumchewr
12-06-2006, 03:01 PM
I have a used Okidata B4350 Digial LED Page Printer. I can't get it to print a document from within Windows. It will print from the command prompt, though. This is a Dell Optiplex GX270 with the latest BIOS version. Plenty of RAM and HD space.

I have installed the latest available driver from the Okidata site. I have tried using a USB cable and a parallel cable. I went through the entire Windows XP troubleshooting wizard. I tried printing from Word, Notepad, and an Adobe .pdf document.

Each time I press print, the printer displays ACTIVE and ARRIVE and gives every indication that the print job is accepted and ready to print. When I have the printer document window open and press print, the document appears momentarily and indicates printing, then disappears. The printer shows data accepted but there is no output. I have tried spooling and direct to printer. I have the printer set to AUTO but have tried setting it to PCL, also. Same result.

Any ideas what gives here?

leah
12-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Check to see if your print spooler is started.

Click on the Start button, click run, type in services.msc and look for print spooler. It should say started. You can right click on it go to properties and choose startup type as automatic then press start to start the service.