PDA

View Full Version : New printer! Dell 3100cn?

sorigen
11-28-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm thinking of buying a printer color laser printer, I want something that has print quality and low cost per page, under 500E. I read some reviews and this seems like the best solution. I am wondering if with the initial cartridges you can really print over 4.000 pages, I want to print about 1000 A4 pages, each with pictures on 1/2 of the page and I was wondering if I can print them without buying additional cartridges.

Manuals
11-29-2006, 09:16 AM
I would stay away from Dell, You would have to buy toner cartridges from them and they really jack up the prices. Dell doesn't actually make the printers anyhow. Most 'Dell' branded printers are made by Lexmark, Samsung or Xerox/Fuji. Dell modifies their printers so you can only buy consummables from them.

my .02

Paul@justmanuals.com

Phil S
11-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Agreed...Dell should be your LAST choice! Any issues have to be directed ONLY to Dell & you are limited to buying your supplies from ONLY them too.

Paul is correct, Dell does not make their own printers. Dell is only doing what they do best...Outsourcing.

Regards,
Phil

sshrader
11-30-2006, 03:17 PM
They may cost less but you pay for what you get with them. So not worth the trouble in the long run you will pay more for a Dell printer.

Scott