PDA

View Full Version : Epson R300 software problem

bryce
11-16-2006, 05:59 AM
My HP director printer software has suddenly produced the following message

Runtime error!

Program files\hewlett-Packard\digital image\bin\hpqdirec

this application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

I have removed and replaced the driver info (direct from HP file col3927.exe ) but to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas as to what has gone wrong??

Thanks in advance for any help supplied,

Bryce

Strider
11-16-2006, 11:26 AM
I don't know if this is relevant,but Epson redefines the LPT port when drivers are loaded.Both HP and Epson redefine USB ports when drivers are loaded.Sometimes I have to uninstall the offending drivers and only reinstall the one that I'm currently using.If I run into a situation where I need two or more printers at once,I load the drivers to different ports and leave them connected and turned on until I no longer need multiple printers from different manufacturers at the same time.

120inna55
11-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Have you tried this?: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00043804&dlc=en&printable=yes&encodeUrl=true&

HP All-in-One Products - C++ Runtime Errors Display When Opening the Director

Issue
This document will help resolve C++ runtime errors that occur when opening the HP Photo and Imaging software. The following are two examples of runtime errors:
Runtime Error! Program:...m Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\Hpqdirec.exe abnormal program termination
Runtime Error! Program:...m Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\Hpqdirec.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Solution
Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
Write down the location of the Digital Imaging folder from the error message. In the examples above it is located in the Program Files\Hewlett-Packard folder. On some models, it will be in the Program Files\HP folder instead of the Hewlett-Packard folder. It can be in other folders if the all-in-one software was installed to a different destination folder.
Log onto the computer as the administrator.
Double-click the My Computer icon. You may have to click Start to locate MY Computer in Windows XP.
Double-click the C: hard disk drive.
Double-click the Program Files folder.
Locate and right-click the folder that the Digital Imaging software is located in as was determined by Step 1, and then click Properties. In the case of the example error messages, that would be the Hewlett-Packard folder.
Select the Security tab.
NOTE: In Windows XP Home, it is necessary to start the computer in Safe Mode to view the Security tab. Refer to the computer manufacturer's User's Guide for information on how to start the computer in Safe Mode.

If you are logged in as an administrator and the Security tab is not visible, refer to the following:
Click Start, click Control Panel (click Settings first in Windows 2000), click Appearance and Themes, and then click Folder Options.
On the View tab, under Advanced settings, clear the check from Use simple file sharing.
Select Full Control in the Permissions section for all user group types.
Click OK.
NOTE: Everyone that will be using the all-in-one should have Power User or Administrative permissions levels. If there are other problems printing or scanning, change the user permissions level to Power User or Administrator through the User Accounts settings in Windows.

Cause
This problem is normally caused by user permissions levels in Windows 2000 and XP.