PDA

View Full Version : Xerox Phaser 7700 Problems

BCoggins
09-29-2006, 02:12 PM
I have a problem with very slightly wrinkled paper. Print image is good. This problem occurs only after the printer has been inactive for a few hours, and in a multi-page document only the first few pages are wrinkled. After the first couple of pages it goes away. If the printer is turned off for awhile the problem doesn't occur in the first few pages printed. Also I just replaced the fuser exit roller because the rubber rollers were melted. Anyone?

MichaelTech
10-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Have you looked at the edge of the entry guide? There may be a build up of toner that may be grabbing the paper. Usually on the right side. Also, worn registration may cause the first few pages to be off register. Check for paper dust, and clean the roller.

BCoggins
10-03-2006, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the imput. I will check those areas. This printer moves the paper in landscape mode and the wrinkles are about 3/4 of the way into the print. After two or three prints the wrinkles go away.

Rusty
10-12-2006, 11:49 PM
this can also be caused by moisture in the paper hence only the top couple of pages will be affected after a short time is the printer in a damp area?