PDA

View Full Version : laserjet 6p replace transfer rollers

pearl
05-15-2004, 11:09 AM
I've never maintenanced a laserjet printer before but would like to try it. I have a laserjet 6p printer and recently the printer has paper jams and a black sticky deposit on the back of the jammed paper. I believe it came from the transfer rollers in the back of the printer. The rollers appear to have melted apart. So, I'd like to replace that roller assembly. Is this something I could do if I got a service manual for the 6p?

pointedfeet
09-26-2004, 12:22 AM
I have the similar problem with 6 MP. I believe the roller you mentioned is the Exit Roller in Fuser Assembly. I ordered the part and woud like to know how to install it. Please help. Thanks!

staf
10-12-2005, 09:46 AM
I have the similar problem with 6 MP. I believe the roller you mentioned is the Exit Roller in Fuser Assembly. I ordered the part and woud like to know how to install it. Please help. Thanks!

I have the same problem since yesterday. Strange that the paperjam comes so suddenly. The melting process probably didn't come overnight.
I would like to know if you repaired yours, and at what cost ( parts etc)
I found a service manual on the internet, so disassembling the printer should be possible without breaking the thing.

Staf

staf
10-12-2005, 09:49 AM
I've never maintenanced a laserjet printer before but would like to try it. I have a laserjet 6p printer and recently the printer has paper jams and a black sticky deposit on the back of the jammed paper. I believe it came from the transfer rollers in the back of the printer. The rollers appear to have melted apart. So, I'd like to replace that roller assembly. Is this something I could do if I got a service manual for the 6p?

Did you manage to repair your printer, I have the same problem now, and I want to try the repair myself since HP bills are very steep.

Staf

Brian
10-13-2005, 09:32 AM
This is a well know error in the 6P, the Paper delivery roller in the fuser (RB1-9181) needs replacing.
You need to take off the top cover (4 screws and some amount of wriggling should do it)
Next you'll need to remove the fuser, this also has 4 screws and a black plate that has a notch on one side that has to be pressed and then moved to the side.
You'll then have to remove a gear and the delivery roller shaft should come out.