PDA

View Full Version : Epson Stylus C44 Plus - HELP NEEDED ASAP!

clo2_clo
09-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Hey just need a bit of advice
When trying to print a document it gets placed into the printing queue and then a window opens which says:

Service Required
Parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life. Contact your dealer for replacement.

Then shows the ink levels as being quite high.

Obviously this could be expensive so does anybody have any ideas which part could be causing the problem as this is all the info that its giving us!

Many thanks
Chloe
:eek:

Strider
09-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Your printer thinks that its waste ink pads are full.Epson uses propriatary programs to reset the counter.You can find reset programs and procedures for most Epson models by searching the web.Caution:if the pads aren't changed,then the printer will eventually drip ink out of the bottom of the machine.P.S. Aftermarket inks will cause this counter to reach its maximum sooner.

clo2_clo
09-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Woah so that sounds confusing sorry but could you put it simply please?
Thanks
Chloe

Strider
09-19-2006, 07:58 AM
Your printer uses more ink than it puts on the page.This ink goes into absorbent pads in the bottom of the printer.When the printer thinks they are full,it shuts down and gives you that error.Non-Epson inks cause that counter to read "full" sooner.I can't tell you how to reset that yourself because Epson does not allow their dealers and outside repair shops to do so.If you "google" C44 error,you will find a way to reset it.If you do so,sooner or later it will leak out the bottom of the printer.It would probably cost you around a $100 to get it repaired at a shop.Epson's C90 costs about $80 MSRP according to their website.

michael&love
10-06-2006, 04:11 AM
i think you should login the epson office website,and find printer errors,i don't think it's somthing wrong with ink cartridge.just the wrong way of you used.
We can supply the very low price compatible ink cartridges,all brands.if someone need it.and what can i do for you,please tell me :goodinkjet2006@yahoo.com

thanks
Michael