PDA

View Full Version : Canon Pixma Ip1500 Help!!

ChefPatrick
08-03-2006, 11:06 PM
hello i have a canon pixma ip1500. i have had it for over a year now, and its a great printer. it was only $50 new. but, the problem i am running into now is printing usps click n ship labels on it. i already went through all the maintenance and cleaning processes on the software. i can't figure out if its the rollers, or maybe the ink. when the label is printed, in between just about every inch, theres a line goes through the ink/word. so the final product is hard to read, also not all the ink is getting on the actual form. so it looks horrible. i can send photos of what i am talking about, if needed. does anyone know how to fix this? or does anyone know of a great printer, not too high in price that will print labels well. thats all i basically use it for. any help would be muchly appreciated. thank you,
Patrick

JJprinter
08-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Try changing the ink cartridges
Or take a Q-Tip with warm water and clean the print heads could have glue building up from the labels

thomasholm
08-10-2006, 04:21 PM
try regular bond paper and see if the problem persists. it could be a paper thickness problem.
if the line repeats every inch after inch, it must be the "rollers" not the ink. and Canon will always (correctly) tell you to use their ink cartridges.