PDA

View Full Version : Help with Epson Stylus CX5400 -- Some colors not printing

phil47
07-28-2006, 07:28 PM
I have an Epson Stylus CX5400, and sometimes certain colors won't print. Software is fine, it thinks it's printing. I should probably point out that I haven't taken the best care of this, and I realize that whatever's wrong with it is probably my fault. I really don't feel like getting a new printer if I don't have to though.

Anyway, here's what happened: I recently moved (never had problems before that), I had to do so in a hurry so I didn't have time to put the printer back in the box and I just put it as-is on the floor of my van (thinking this may be due to shock/vibration). When I tried to print within 2 days of moving, none of the colors worked. Didn't have to print anything for 3 weeks, tried it again (yesterday) and came out perfect, although the ink for Black and Cyan was extremely low. Today, replaced the 2 cartridges, now those colors are the 2 not working. Took all the cartridges out and tried cleaning the little plastic cones that stick into the bottom of cartridges, no difference.

I was thinking about just taking everything apart and thoroughly cleaning (soak all mechanical parts in soap and water, dry w/ compressed air, put back together) but I have to find my small screwdriver first. Would that work, or is there something else I can do to try to fix it? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Postalink
08-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Sounds like the print heads to me. Try searching for free service software for your printer and you can then just clean the heads for the colours that are'nt working correctly.

I doubt any damage was done by vibrations caused by the removal van!