PDA

View Full Version : Software to make printer automatically turn off?? Please help!

tritty
05-18-2006, 06:23 AM
Hi all,

Ive got a EPSON Stylus Photo R230 Series, but the problem I've got is that it doesn't turn off unless you press the off button. Everyone in my house is just too forgetful to remember to turn it off after they use it, and so it gets left on, and then dad yells and says its drying out the heads. Does anyone know if theres a way I can get the printer to turn of after a certain amount of time of being idle, using some sort of software upgrade or install?

Ive had a good look through all its settings and preferences but I can't find anything that will allow me to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!

Cheers..
Tristan

Strider
05-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Tristan,
I work for an Epson authorized repair shop.When the carriage is in the far right side position,the printhead is capped at the pump.This is supposed to keep the printhead from drying out.The carriage automatically parks there when printing is completed or when the printer is turned off.The type of things that cause blocked printheads in these models are
incompatable aftermarket inks,damaged pump caps,printer not being used for long periods of time(weeks) and the ink pads becoming saturated and backing ink up into the ink tubes.I hope this info helps you,as I am unaware of any power saving auto shut-off for this model printer.Good luck.

JJprinter
05-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Not to mention
Everytime you turn the machine on it will do it's own cleaning and aligning job,
which will use up valuable ink that is not nessasary if you use it everyday or so.

tritty
06-06-2006, 10:06 PM
hey guys,

Cheers for your replies... this info should get dad off my case:D