Thread: Epson:: Waste ink tank modification

Default Epson:: Waste ink tank modification

I know, I know... it's going to look like spam but rather than try to repeat every blinking modification in detail on here I just wanted to point out that I've started collating and building a list of waste ink tank modifications on my continuous ink based community forum.

http://www.continuousink.info/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

Just to summarise, an external waste ink tank involves redirecting the waste from head cleanings to an external receptacle instead of letting it build up in your waste ink pads (sort of a printer nappy). QED: You get to use your printer longer.

Obviously you still have to reset your printers waste ink counter (SSC utility usually does the trick) but it does mean you can keep using your printer well past the point most people would throw there's away...

So far I've done the C84/86/88 mod as well as the CX6600 but there's plenty of others on other sites for the R1800, R265, etc... More are welcome if you've figured out how to do others.

FAO MODs: I hope this doesn't cause any problems... It just makes more sense to share a single link instead of trying to maintain lots of different posts across various places. I figure the information is useful on it's own but if it's a problem just delete.

Cheers...

Pretty tacky posting a link to another forum....

Quote Originally Posted by Manuals View Post
    Pretty tacky posting a link to another forum....
    If you actually visit the link and check the articles you realise I've drawn together all the different resources into one place and am actually maintaining it in one place.

Oh and check my other posts too (all of them) and see how much is advertising and how much is actually useful.

A lot of the better forums tend to actually have links between them because you can't expect to have all the information in one place anyway. QED: nifty-stuff is a mine of information on ink composition, printhead cleaning and Canon printers, fixmyprinter.com tends to have a lot of info on resolving physical problems, stevesforums has more on photo camera and wideformat, etc...

Anyway, if you find the information useful, great... If not, fine too..

Mods: as noted if this is considered spamming please remove...