Thread: HP LaserJet 4 - 41.3 errors

Default HP LaserJet 4 - 41.3 errors

I have just started receiving 41.3 errors when printing multiple pages. I can print the pages individually without mishap. Otherwise, the error occurs every time a multi-page print job is attempted.

While this printer has not been heavily used, it is over ten years old. I use it in my home office. I have not done any maintenance on the printer.

Any ideas on what can cause the error on multi-page printing but not when printing page by page individually?

A 41.3 error means that the printer thought that the page fed was too long.So long as the printer is not double feeding,your problem is probably just a swich actuator sticking.The most likely one would be the exit switch on the fuser at the rear of the machine.You can check this by opening the rear door and then the black plastic piece covering the lowwer half of the fuser.Then look for a small plastic stick extending down into the paper path(its toward the right side as you look at the rear of the printer).If you pull it toward you it should drop back into position with no hesitation.Given the age of your printer if there is a problem with that switch,I would replace the fuser.They are still easily available at many places on the web,including this site.The two screws you see are the only ones you would need to remove.Then lift slightly and it will come right out.The other switch to look at is under the cartridge.If this one is sticking,it probably came out of its socket.This would be harder to reach,but should not require parts to repair.The actuator's ends go through holes in a plastic bracket.A good flashlight,a pair of small needlenose pliers and some patience are all you should need for that repair.Good luck.

Default Thanks

Although those plastic pieces did not seem to be restricted in any way. I checked both places. Now the printer prints fine. Not sure what I could have done.

Thank you so much.

You're welcome.You probably loosened up the exit switch when you checked it.This is a fairly common error in these printers.