Thread: How To Initialize Disk on 4345mfp?

Default How To Initialize Disk on 4345mfp?

Hi all,

been searching forever for this information but can't seem to find what i am looking for, so maybe someone out there knows this already--

The actual problem is that HP Digital Sending Software 4.0 could not connect to my new 4345mfp. Support said it is a known problem and to do a cold reset and then initialize the disk. Unfortunetly, the second part didn't of the instructions didn't even result in a menu, and now i am waiting nearly a week for them to call back (yes, i am calling them daily to remind them). Here is what they told me:

Cold reset on 4345mfp: (this worked)
    1. hold down '6' during boot until the three LEDs are steadily lit
    2. push '3' four times (until 'cold-reset' appears)
    3. push '6'

initialize disk: (this didn't work)
    1. hold down the 'start' button on the right side, until the three LEDs are lit
    2. push '5' ('initialize disk' should appear)
    3. push '6'

any help would be appreciated!!

Brandon Thomas

in my frustration i called hp but again and insisted on not being transferred to the DSS support group, but instead just got the answer to the question, so if it interests anyone, here it is, straight from HP:

(THE KEY IS TO WAIT UNTIL THE RAM TEST STARTS BEFORE PRESSING ANY BUTTONS!)

To perform an NVRAM initialization

Turn the MFP off and then on.
    When the memory count appears on the control-panel display, press and hold 9 until all three LEDs flash once and then stay on. This might take up to 20 seconds.
    Press 3 one time, and then press START.
    Press 3 two times until NVRAM INIT appears on the control-panel display.
    Press 6 one time, and wait while the MFP completes its initialization sequence.

To perform a hard-disk initialization

A hard-disk initialization erases and reformats the hard disk. Perform a hard-disk initialization only if an error message on the control-panel indicates a disk error. Always try initializing the hard disk before replacing it.

NOTE: Before performing a hard-disk initialization, print a menu map and a configuration page. Use the information on these pages to reset any customer specific settings.

CAUTION: A hard-disk initialization deletes the following information: all stored copy jobs, the local address book (e-mail addresses), the speed-dial list (fax numbers), and the Java™ applet files.

Turn the MFP off and then on.
    When the memory count appears on the control-panel display, press the right-hand side of the START button until all three LEDs are lit. Release the START button.
    Press 5 one time. INITIALIZE DISK appears on the control-panel display.
    Press 6 one time. A series of asterisks appears on the control-panel display. Wait for the MFP to complete its initialization sequence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Brandon

Default How to perform init disk on CM3530mfp

Hi All,

Could you send me a procedure to perform init disk on HP CLJ cm3530mfp?

Thanks,

Tomasz