Thread: hp4000 13.1 error code

Default hp4000 13.1 error code

Hi,

Orginally getting a 14.5 error code on the hp 4000, so I am feeding paper form the manual tray for now.

When I feed from try 2, I also get a 13.1 and it apears the paper is not being picked up all the way, so not really a jam, but in fact paper apears to not get picked up.

Any assis?

Thanks

relpace the pickup assembly

hope that helps.

Brent - RRI

I repaired about 15 printers with paper moans when printing trom tray 2 or 3.
    The seperation clutch had TOO MUCH grip and transmitted too much torque. The seperation clutch is supposed to slip. Usually the clutch gets tighter as it ages and counter-acts what the feed rollers are doing.

Replace the seperation clutch (small black & white drum next to the seperation/lower roller in the paper cassette)or split it and remove a little iron filings at a time until the moan goes away when feeding from the tray you are working on.

jim 10 years exp.

Default Another 13.1 phantom emerges...

*bump* Did not wish to start a new thread...

I have an HP 4000 TN that when I go to print from tray 3,, the drive train starts up, I hear the relay fire to start the pickup, but the pickup rollers never drop. Ith then says paper jam 13.1 since the timer faults b/c of no paper in the paper path. I have broken the thing down, changed the clutch, changed the relay, inspected the gear assy. No luck. Tray 2 works fine. I can't tell if I have a bad sensor or what. I thought it might even be a faulty formatter board, so I replaced that, as well. No luck. ANy suggestions?

My spare parts are limited to what I can caniblize (sp?) from a plane jane HP 4000.

Blog Entries

Paper feed assembly is the most likely cause of your problems, RG5-2651.
    Site administrator www.printertechs.com

Have you changed the 4 D shaped rollers?