Thread: HP Laserjet 8150

Default HP Laserjet 8150

I have a problem where the printer is ony printing on the top part of the page. The bottom half is still printed but in very poor quality. How do I fix this?

Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by Akutscher
    I have a problem where the printer is ony printing on the top part of the page. The bottom half is still printed but in very poor quality. How do I fix this?

Amanda
    what model of hp laser jet do you have? 8100, 5000 ??

ric

Have you recently installed a fuser unit? If so, there are two latches that release the upper roller and apply pressure. If these are not released, you get un-fused prints - parts might print and others may be blurry.

Default Hp 8150

Quote Originally Posted by Akutscher View Post

Amanda
    I ran into the exact same problem today, did you find a fix ,if so could you share? Thanks

See MichaelTech answer to Ed_Printer

Blog Entries

Since the Laserjet 8150 prints with the leading edge being the long edge of an 8.5x11 inch paper (right side), when you say the bottom of the page is light that would mean it is the left side of the paper path if you are facing the printer from the right side. Anyways, your transfer roller might not be seated correctly on that side. Also, a more remote possibility is that the scanner is dirty.
    Site administrator www.printertechs.com