Thread: HP 4200 Collate

Default HP 4200 Collate

My HP 4200 won't print more than one copy of a document. I get an error message which reads: Error: Unable to store job at printer. Reason: Printer not configured to collate. Solution: Install an EIO hard disk.

There are 48 mgs of memory in this printer. Why do I need an extra hard disk to print two copies of a letter written in Word or two copies of anything from any program?

Quote Originally Posted by JeanD
    My HP 4200 won't print more than one copy of a document. I get an error message which reads: Error: Unable to store job at printer. Reason: Printer not configured to collate. Solution: Install an EIO hard disk.

There are 48 mgs of memory in this printer. Why do I need an extra hard disk to print two copies of a letter written in Word or two copies of anything from any program?
    I believe hard disk is different part, its not a memory. Get the hard disk, that should solve your problem.

ric

Default googled and found solution to my error, hope it helps

i came across this by googling the issue. the hp link is below. the first step fixed my problem. be sure to be careful when making any changes to your settings and research the subject completly

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ectID=bpl12648

ISSUE:
    When attempting to print multiple copies to a base model printer, only one copy prints. An error page follows stating:
    Error: "Unable to store job at printer."
    Reason: Printer not configured to collate.
    Solution: Install EIO hard disk.
    NOTE: In a peer-to-peer environment, the mopier setting in the driver needs to be disabled on the host, as well as, on each client.
    SOLUTION:
    Each of the following steps may independently resolve this issue:

For Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP
    Click on Start , Printers and Faxes .
    Right click on the printer icon to access the printer properties.
    In the Device Settings tab of the printer driver, ensure that the mopier mode is disabled. Multiple copies will print without mopying. Also ensure that Job Storage is disabled.
    4. Close the Printers windows and try the print job again.
    For Microsoft Windows 9x, Me, and NT
    In the Configure tab of the printer driver, uncheck the box next to Mopy Enabled in the Paper Handling Options box.
    Click on Start , Settings , Printers .
    2. Right-click on the printer icon to access the printer properties.
    Go to the Advanced tab of the printer and select Enable Advanced Printing Features .
    4. Ensure that the Mopier mode and the Job Storage mode are disabled.
    5. Close the Printers windows and try the print job again.
    Install 16 MB or more of memory (so a minimum of 64 MB is installed).
    Install an EIO hard disk.
    NOTE: Print jobs that are less complex may mopy with 48 MB of memory.