Thread: cp5225 duplexing

Default cp5225 duplexing

I've got a cp5225 that I'm working on. When duplexing the paper comes out the top with page 2 printed. Paper gets pulled in to print the odd numbered page. Sometimes the page comes out of the printer with the odd page blank. Message says open right door.
    Other times nothing comes out and page is sitting behind the 2ndary roller with odd page blank. Same message...open right door.
    Cannot figure out how to run "paperpath" test, or any other test for that matter.
    What's gone on with my duplexing?

Quote Originally Posted by redcow View Post
    I've got a cp5225 that I'm working on. When duplexing the paper comes out the top with page 2 printed. Paper gets pulled in to print the odd numbered page. Sometimes the page comes out of the printer with the odd page blank. Message says open right door.
    Other times nothing comes out and page is sitting behind the 2ndary roller with odd page blank. Same message...open right door.
    Cannot figure out how to run "paperpath" test, or any other test for that matter.
    What's gone on with my duplexing?
    Definitely sounds like a timing issue; the second-stage of the duplexing is somehow entering the path too early and zipping past the toner cartridges before they can lay down a print. I would try running pages from the bypass feed to see if it behaves this way from both cassette tray and bypass.

Quote Originally Posted by cs_steve View Post
    Definitely sounds like a timing issue; the second-stage of the duplexing is somehow entering the path too early and zipping past the toner cartridges before they can lay down a print. I would try running pages from the bypass feed to see if it behaves this way from both cassette tray and bypass.
    MFT is also failing.
    This printer came refurbished from a vendor.
    We sent it back and received a replacement that works.
    Thanks for responding.