Thread: Turn HP 4250 into a 4350 by firmware?

Default Turn HP 4250 into a 4350 by firmware?

Heard online you can turn a 4250 into a 4350 by doing something with the firware. Is this correct? If so, how is this procedure done? I tried flashing the 4350dn firmware with no success.

Quote Originally Posted by Compman55 View Post
    Heard online you can turn a 4250 into a 4350 by doing something with the firware. Is this correct? If so, how is this procedure done? I tried flashing the 4350dn firmware with no success.
    Unfortunately, no you can't just reflash the firmware and turn the printer into a 4350.

Was this what you were looking at? At PrinterTechs we sell a custom "World's Best" LaserJet 4250N, which has the Long Life metal swing plate gear, a Long Life fuser, extra memory, and the upgraded printer speed (upgraded to the 4350N series 55 pages per minute).
    http://www.printertechs.com/shop/hp-...0n-worlds-best

That was one that had mention of it.

I was reading how you have to start with a blank formatter, and a 4350 dc controller, you then have to install the formatter and let it sync the model info. DC controllers are cheap, formatters are not and I do not know how to blank them out (other than unsolder the battery). I have (4) 4250dtn's I wanted to boot the speed a little and thought this may be a good idea. Not sure if it is worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Compman55 View Post
    That was one that had mention of it.

I was reading how you have to start with a blank formatter, and a 4350 dc controller, you then have to install the formatter and let it sync the model info. DC controllers are cheap, formatters are not and I do not know how to blank them out (other than unsolder the battery). I have (4) 4250dtn's I wanted to boot the speed a little and thought this may be a good idea. Not sure if it is worth the effort.

Is this process possible in the field? Thanks.