Thread: Turn HP 4250 into a 4350 by firmware?

Default Turn HP 4250 into a 4350 by firmware?

Heard online you can turn a 4250 into a 4350 by doing something with the firware. Is this correct? If so, how is this procedure done? I tried flashing the 4350dn firmware with no success.

Quote Originally Posted by Compman55 View Post
    Heard online you can turn a 4250 into a 4350 by doing something with the firware. Is this correct? If so, how is this procedure done? I tried flashing the 4350dn firmware with no success.
    Unfortunately, no you can't just reflash the firmware and turn the printer into a 4350.

Was this what you were looking at? At PrinterTechs we sell a custom "World's Best" LaserJet 4250N, which has the Long Life metal swing plate gear, a Long Life fuser, extra memory, and the upgraded printer speed (upgraded to the 4350N series 55 pages per minute).
    http://www.printertechs.com/shop/hp-...0n-worlds-best

That was one that had mention of it.

I was reading how you have to start with a blank formatter, and a 4350 dc controller, you then have to install the formatter and let it sync the model info. DC controllers are cheap, formatters are not and I do not know how to blank them out (other than unsolder the battery). I have (4) 4250dtn's I wanted to boot the speed a little and thought this may be a good idea. Not sure if it is worth the effort.

That was one that had mention of it.

I was reading how you have to start with a blank formatter, and a 4350 dc controller, you then have to install the formatter and let it sync the model info. DC controllers are cheap, formatters are not and I do not know how to blank them out (other than unsolder the battery). I have (4) 4250dtn's I wanted to boot the speed a little and thought this may be a good idea. Not sure if it is worth the effort.

Is this process possible in the field? Thanks.

Default If you had the microcode...

Yes you could do this, as the printers are physically the same, but doing the microcode update on motor controller and/or formatter is not simple. Apparently PrinterTechs has the secret, though, and their "hardened" 4250n looks very good, if you're willing to pay the price. The printer will probably wear like iron, so in that respect it seems like a great deal.