Thread: HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dne network issue

Default HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dne network issue

I have an HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dne that is on our network. For the past year it's been chugging along quite nicely. As of last Wednesday, it suddenly went offline. When I check network connectivity at the back of the printer, it has it. Flashing green lights. When I look on the control panel, it has the self assigned IP address showing (APIPA address). For some reason it suddenly won't talk with the network. I've cold reset it, still the same. We happened to have the model brand new in the box on the shelf in stock. For sh*its and giggles, I took it out, put it on the bench, and that one does the same thing out of the box? Neither one of these will talk with the network.

Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by spbanzaca View Post
    I have an HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dne that is on our network. For the past year it's been chugging along quite nicely. As of last Wednesday, it suddenly went offline. When I check network connectivity at the back of the printer, it has it. Flashing green lights. When I look on the control panel, it has the self assigned IP address showing (APIPA address). For some reason it suddenly won't talk with the network. I've cold reset it, still the same. We happened to have the model brand new in the box on the shelf in stock. For sh*its and giggles, I took it out, put it on the bench, and that one does the same thing out of the box? Neither one of these will talk with the network.

Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?
    I would try pinging it...see if you get a reply.
    The network card is part of the formatter, which can fail, but you wouldn't have 2 formatters in a row fail so more likely it is an issue with your router or your driver. May be as simple as deleting the printer from your list of installed printers and re-installing it using the current IP address.
    http://www.printertechs.com/other-instructions/76-network-printing-tutorial