Thread: Noise when overflow toner is activasted CP5225 HP

Cool Noise when overflow toner is activasted CP5225 HP

When ever the overflow toner is active, there is a clicking sound. We figured this out because when you open the overflow door to the container and shut the door starting the cycle you can hear the clicking sound. Also if you print with the door open the clicking sound can also be heard which means it's not connected to the overflow container which has a gear on it. We have a second printer that is the same model and it does not make this sound . This was a used printer so not sure when the noise started, but it arrived making that sound . It does not make the noise all the time when it prints so I'm assuming it's only when the overflow cycle is active. Has anyone heard of this or are there any suggestions.
    thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff8000 View Post
    When ever the overflow toner is active, there is a clicking sound. We figured this out because when you open the overflow door to the container and shut the door starting the cycle you can hear the clicking sound. Also if you print with the door open the clicking sound can also be heard which means it's not connected to the overflow container which has a gear on it. We have a second printer that is the same model and it does not make this sound . This was a used printer so not sure when the noise started, but it arrived making that sound . It does not make the noise all the time when it prints so I'm assuming it's only when the overflow cycle is active. Has anyone heard of this or are there any suggestions.
    thank you,
    If you have a similar model, I might try swapping transfer belt assemblies between the two, see if the noise follows.

Thank you CS_Steve we were told it may be due to the used cartridges that came with the machine, so we're waiting till we change cartridges to see if the noise changes. I appreciate the suggestion. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff8000 View Post
    thank you,