Thread: Can anyone help ID this part? LJ Enterprise 500 color M551dn

Default Can anyone help ID this part? LJ Enterprise 500 color M551dn

Hi Everyone,

I just received this picture from my service manager asking if I could get a part number for this. He has no other information for me other than a model number. I have been going through the HP service manual but I can not seem to find a good picture of this white bracket. I am not even exactly sure what door this is. Any ideas, suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for the time!

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps1f87906f.jpg

Is the part broken? Over the years I have had good success gluing these plastic parts with All Purpose Plumbing cement. Be sure to use the clear primer.
    Coat both broken parts with a coat of the cement, hold them together for a minute, then leave them overnight to develop some strength and let the
    cement outgass the solvents. At a guess that looks like a back door and you would probably have to purchase the whole door. See if you can find
    a Service Manual on the Internet. Don't pay for one, someone out there, often in central Europe or even Russia has posted them. Sometimes there is
    a number moulded on the part. This is usually the manufacturing mold number and not the HP part number. Try googling it anyway. You might get
    lucky. I downloaded the service manual. It looks like that is the Right Side Door Assembly for a duplex model. Part number is
    RM1-8123-000CN. You will have to order the whole door, about $170, or try to repair the broken parts if you have them. If the part is made of
    nylon there is no way to glue it, you will have to get the whole door. It looks like the part is nylon from the pix on the Internet.
    Al
    Last edited by Big Al; 03-07-2014 at 02:29 PM.