Thread: Upper Fold Out Tray Feed System on HP4+

Default Upper Fold Out Tray Feed System on HP4+

Regarding the fold-out tray feed system on the HP4+, on the left side, just below the separation pad, there is a small gray-colored "rubbery" pad. Can someone explain the function of that rubbery pad - and tell me if it is a replaceable part? If so, how does one get to it.

Thanks.

Download the service manual from the internet. Lots of sites where you can get one free. Most any part for a 4+ is available but I cannot identify the part from your description.

Al

Default Reply to Big Al

I have the HP4+ manual (on CD) but I cannot find any discussion on the particular part nor an illustration of it. So.....I took a photo of it and attached it to this reply. The arrow points to the part I'm referring to.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That part is: RF5-0343-000CN, it is available from several printer parts places and on Ebay. Since this printer is quite old there may be New-Old-Stock which would be a genuine HP part and there may be others available that are not HP parts. I cannot tell you which might work better. Do some Google searching. I looked at the manual but it does not show that part. In the preventive maintenance section it shows the part but it is not listed in the Parts Breakdown section.

Al

Thanks for that info Al.

Regards, Jerome