Thread: HP laserjethp m1212nf all in one

Default HP laserjethp m1212nf all in one

Hello, my HP laserjet m1212nf all in one printer has stopped working and I'm trying to find a way to fix it. When I turn it on the orange alert light flashes and the printer never powers up past the initializing screen. I have tried changing the firmware but each time I try to install it, the install crashes.... any ideas?

Some questions that might narrow it down: is the machine under warranty? Did it work last time you used it? Any chance there is a paper jam hiding somewhere in the printer? Does the paper movement motor run at all? These all in ones are difficult to repair, even when you have a working unit on the bench to swap parts with. Chances are that a firmware issue was not the cause of the problem. Did you try a Google search on the symptoms?

Al

Do you still have the warranty service card and still covers the warranty of your item.If so, then let them handle your problem and ask them what to do if in case it happens again. The technician will help you better than fixing it on your own and conclude and thinking the best way remedy for this.