Thread: Restricting Printer Trays

Default Restricting Printer Trays

Hi There~
    I am hoping this is something quick. I have played with the settings and I can't get it working.

I have a HP 4250tn. I have plain paper in tray 3 and special label stock for wristbands in tray 2. Everything is functioning perfectly when both trays are full. However, when tray 3 empties, it starts to pull from tray 2, which I want restricted.

Is there a way to set the printer so that if it runs out of paper in the main tray (3) - don't ask or allow users to choose the other tray to pull from?

Jerry

Blog Entries

You'll need to try several things. Usually this is a trial and error procedure. Here are a few things to try.

Go into the driver settings and only make that particular tray available (device settings).

Also try the printing preferences under paper/quality -- "source is", and "type is".

You should also be able to go into the printers menu (at the printer) and set the paper type for the tray, for example labels for tray 2.
    Site administrator www.printertechs.com

Default fix

go to the menu and then config device then paper handeling and set tray 3 for letter and instead of plain put labels or something to that effect the printer will stop printing when it is out of tray 3 paper but it will ask if you would like to use another tray but will not print from the other tray unless you tell it to.